The first is this one, which I heard about from my friend:
On live air, Fox News shows suicide of a driver chased by police
Fox News was airing live video coverage of police chasing down a car-jacker, when the man unexpectedly got out of the car and committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. Even though there was a delay in the video feed, the network didn't cut away fast enough, and accidentally aired the image of the man committing suicide on live television. I watched the video of the newscast, and it is absolutely harrowing. You could hear the fear and anxiety in anchor Shepard Smith's voice as he realized that the whole video was being shown. I couldn't believe that the network made such an incredibly bad judgment call. However, I thought Smith's apology was very sincere, I have the utmost respect for the recovery he made.
The second story, my mom sent me in an email:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
I'll admit, I'm still incredibly sad about this. I'm a huge fan of RuPaul's Drag Race, and so I watched the season that Sahara was on, and she was a very strong competitor. She was so amazingly talented at creating her look, dancing, and being an overall performer. Stories like this one absolutely kill me because I want to know all the answers, but not all the details have been released yet. The cause of her death is still a mystery, and I know I can't be the only one wondering what could have possibly claimed the life of such a young and promising performer.
No comments:
Post a Comment